Monday 27 August 2007

Kyrie gets stitches

I'm sitting at the computer waiting for Tartan and Kyrie to get home from the minor emergency center. She feel off her bike this evening and cut herself just under and to the side of her chin. So as not to be graphic at all, I'll say it looked just bad enough for stitches. I called Tartan home from the boy scout meeting he and Alex were checking out and which was fortunately very close to home. He got back and agreed it ought to be looked at and we got the names of the closest minor emergency centers from our pediatrician. The closest one had just closed, so they had to venture further out, but I think it was probably still a shorter wait over-all than going to the hospital emergency room. That being said, they left here at about 8pm and it's now 10pm. I've never had stitches or even seen anyone have them, so I'm not exactly sure what is involved in getting that done. I have to say I'm glad Tartan was able to take her.

Ah, just got a call from Tartan. Once they get their paperwork, they'll be headed home. He said everything went fine and that "Kyrie is a real trooper".

Thankful that she wasn't seriously hurt,
Naomi for the Colliers

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Praise God that she is ok and that Tartan could take her. Both Jacob & Matthew had stitches on the face and it is not pleasant, to say the least.