Monday 9 July 2007

Camp Pioneer

Someone's back from camp! Yes, for the last week yours truly has been at Camp Pioneer, throwing tomahawks and other outlandish activities. I signed up for the three-hour Mountain Man session for the week. There, I learned blacksmithing, candle and rope making, leatherworking, bullet making, fired muskets, threw tomahawks (very accurately - when I hit the target at all), and had a really great time. I also did Reptile and Amphibian study - though we didn't see any live animals there. The teacher wasn't allowed to handle anymore live reptiles after he underestimated the length of a rattlesnake. He says he did send the boy a get well card. I had a blast getting to know the boys of Troop 886. One little prank the whole troop joined in was signging the "Announcments song" whenever the staff would say the word Announcements. One staff member walked up to the rest of the staff the first time we sang it, and smugly told the staff to instead say Words of Wisdom. I still remember the look on his face when we started singing "Words of Wisdom, Words of Wisdom, Words of Wisdom". He actually screamed at us. I had a blast, and I brought back a lot of "trophies", including a mug that I gave to Dad as a birthday gift.
On Monday, just after I left, a great game that I ordered on eBay arrived. Upon my triumphant return to the house, I loaded up Neverwinter Nights and started the tutorial. It is a fantastic game set in the plague-ridden city of Neverwinter. A cure must be sought by a brave hero. That is where you come in. So far, I love it. However, my Elven Ranger isn't getting as much game time as I would like - Kyrie and Aidan love the game as well and both have characters.

Curse that Intellect Devourer...

Trusting in the Lord,
Alex for the Colliers.

No comments: