Thursday 31 January 2008

Last day of January

Wow- where did January go? Anyone else feel that way?

On Monday, Alex received recognition for having achieved the rank of Star in the Boy Scouts. We're very proud of him. He managed to get his requirements done in good time without much prodding from Mom and Dad. Good job, Alex!

This week has been frustrating electronically speaking. Monday I went to print the kids' school schedules and it wouldn't work. I've printed from this computer with no problem since we got our wireless HP printer. I installed (not without difficulty) the printer software on the Vista machine that Alex primarily uses. It had the same problem. The only machine I could print from was my laptop. Finally Tartan told me to find a USB cable and link to it directly. That does work and suddenly Alex's machine started being able to print- without my doing anything else to it. Then, last night my laptop suddenly went blank. I have no idea what's happened to it. I don't think there's anything we can do with it except take it to be repaired. It's probably out of warranty by now. I've also been unable to load Olive Tree's Bible reader on my ipaq. The install keeps giving me a runtime error.

I think I'm the Empire State building of the house. We recently read an article reporting on the odd occurrence of dozens of cars daily shutting down within a few blocks of the building. Apparently once they're towed a few more blocks away, they work just fine again. We think it's the Daleks. If you haven't seen "Daleks in Manhattan"- then never mind.

Abigail lost her second tooth, finally, yesterday evening. Hopefully the tooth fairy will show up sooner than last time. But she didn't last night.

Hoping you're all avoiding most of the cold and flu bugs out there,
Naomi for the Colliers
"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding." Pr 3:5

No comments: