Friday 25 January 2013

Destination Japan


From Kyrie

Dance is a huge part of my life. I use it for so many different things. It's a hobby, it's a sport, something I do for fun and to show others what I can do. I can express feelings and the written word with it. I use dance as a way of telling stories and to me, most importantly, I use it to glorify God and use the talent he has given me to praise Him. Excelsior School of Dance has taught me proper dance technique and strength and they have also planted in me a seed of expression and passion that is used to give all I am to God.
All the training and hard work I go through comes down to the one moment when I am on stage and just praying that God will use me and my dancing to move the audience. I think every dancer that is part of Excelsior’s missionary group shows an enormous amount of love for God. Their purpose for dancing on a stage in front of so many people is not so much for the audience to admire the beautiful choreography or the strength of the dancers, but to show Christ and Bible stories through them. I think that's fantastic: using something that you love to do so much, and finding that God is using that to reach out to others.
The Excelsior company are planning to travel to Japan this year. They will be traveling to many cities and areas of Japan, dancing the story of Praise of the Nations, an original piece created by Excelsior. There will be a dancing crew and a backstage crew, including costume, lighting, and sound system helpers. I have been asked to serve as part of the backstage crew this year. I will also be going to Japan to see what it is like to travel with a ballet company.
I am so excited that I have this amazing opportunity to travel with Excelsior and see what they do in the foreign countries that they travel to! However, this trip will be expensive; I am hoping to raise $1,700 to cover a portion of the cost. I would love for you to partner with me in this adventure, through your prayers as well as your financial support. If you are willing to pray for me and Ballet Excelsior, especially when we're in Japan ( June 23rd through July 6th ) please send me an e-mail at kyrie.collier@yahoo.co.uk. To make a donation, please send a check made out to Ballet Excelsior of Houston with a separate note indicating it is for me. If you send me an email, I will send you the address to mail it to. I want to be where God wants me to be. I am very nervous as well as excited to have the opportunity to go with Excelsior. I trust in God that He will do His will though this, and that He will provide what is needed. Thank you for your prayerful support.

-Kyrie Collier

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.