Monday 2 July 2012

Six months


It's been six months. Six months since Aimee banged on our door and told me to wake up because it was "morning time!". Six months since I pulled her up into my bed and she cuddled up next to me, giving her dad a cheeky grin that said, "I'm in your spot, Daddy!"

Six months since I pulled her up into my lap that afternoon and held her while we stared long into each other's eyes. I set her down and then let her go. 



Four things that will never change:

1. We miss Aimee. 
2. We will not see her again on this earth. 
3. She is with Jesus. 
4. We will see her again. 

The first two are the things that make me grieve and make some days harder than others. The last two are what give me hope and enable me to go on day after day with joy, and yes, even happiness.

Something else that never will change: God. He is the same God he has always been and always will be. He is holy, all-powerful, all-knowing, and all things are in His hands. He is just- which is why we need a Savior. He is also gracious, loving and compassionate, which is why He sent the Savior, Jesus. He is beyond our understanding, His ways are not our ways, and yet He reveals Himself in His Word. 

Not much else to say, except

I will trust in Him.

> Naomi for the Colliers

4 comments:

Jan said...

Ah, Tartan and Naomi -- words can't do justice to what I'd like to say. Wish I could sit down in your company and just play the piano ... sharing music with you would feel so right. Be assured we keep you upheld in prayer.

Anonymous said...

My heart grieves with you but I am joyful with you that there is hope in this world that often does not make sense. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. Trenda Lynch

GT said...

Dear Naomi,

You don't know me (we only have mutual friends as I arrived in Alaska after your family had moved away), but God tugged on my heart to pray for you last night.

May He comfort you in your grief, grow you in your faith and use you for His kingdom.

Philippians 4:7: And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

In Christ,

-GT

the Lattins said...

You continue to be on our hearts and in our prayers.
the Lattins (extended family of the Briscos)