Saturday 22 August 2009

Toads

It's not quite a plague, but the number of amphibians in this house has increased recently. First we had Lugh (pronounced lou) to replace the late Lucky. Then Tartan found another toad on the patio last weekend and since he didn't want to kill it with the mosquito fogger- he dropped it in the tank, too. I don't think he even has a name yet. Finally, today, Abigail found an oddity. A toad with a tail. Yes, it looks freaky. No, I don't have a photo yet. We haven't decided on a name for it; don't know if it's male or female. Our expert, Alex, is away at his Pursuit Team's "Genesis Weekend" until tomorrow. I wonder if he'll be able to tell. Anyway, I suggested Genny Anne, short for Genetic Anomaly. Tartan suggested Fon (pronounced fawn) for "Freak of Nature".

This newest addition seems to be noisier than the other two. I'm assuming it's the one since I haven't heard anything before tonight. It sounds like a light rapping or knocking sound. They all seem to be quite happy hiding in the hollow plastic log in the tank.

Actually, I think it may be Lugh vocalising. Maybe he's trying to say he's top toad.

Ribbit,
Naomi for the Colliers

1 comment:

Heather said...

I love the names you and Tartan came up with. Maybe the mosquito fogger is bring on some genetic mutations. ;-)