Wednesday 27 June 2007

As promised

It's Wednesday and we have internet access! The cable modem was installed earlier today. I've set up the wireless router so Alex can surf while I do this. I'm proud of myself because I bought a new wireless-G router at Best Buy while I was there getting something else and I got it up and running all on my own. I'm not usually the hardware person around here so that's an accomplishment.

Now I'm sitting in the glide rocker in the master bedroom to test that I still have signal. I do, but I'm not very far away from it so that's not surprising. The house is pretty open so I'm guessing that we'll have good access upstairs, too. I'm going to give that a try.

Yes, in the upstairs TV room\homeschool area I have good signal. The kids won't have computers in their rooms, so I don't need to check on that. Ok, I'm sure you're bored with all this now so I'll stop, but not with the blog entry.

Yesterday Kayleigh had her 2nd birthday. An aunt and uncle were in attendance for our family party and it was fun. She enjoyed her presents and the cake and ice cream. Shortly after we moved to Scotland, Aidan had his 4th birthday and I remember making a small cake for him in our temporary housing in Aberdeen.

Bug is sitting on the bar stool next to me listening to the Learning Piano she got from the aforementioned aunt and uncle play "If You're Happy and You Know It" and she's clapping her hands along with it. Alex thinks he's going to go mad. I think he'll survive.

Trusting in the Lord,
Naomi for the Colliers

No comments: