Monday 25 February 2008

The Mouser

Y'all have heard it a million times, right? Cats chase mice. "An American Tail", "Stuart Little", "Redwall"... we are told that cats chase and eat mice. And I started to get skeptical. Maybe in the Middle Ages, sure. But we are in the Modern Era now, and that sort of thing doesn't happen anymore.
Then I got back from a Boy Scout meeting to find our cat Fluffy chasing a rock. A rock with a tail. It turns out she was hounding an unidentified rodent - either a really fat mouse or someone's pet gerbil - and having a really good time of it. She would sit and wait for it and then at some non-determined time she would leap out and tackle it. Then she would bat it around - once I saw her throw it up then slam it down - and then she would sit and wait again. I might post pictures I took. >:)

Don't look away, don't turn around, and don't blink... Good luck.

Trusting in the Lord,
Alex for the Colliers.

No comments: