Sunday 28 October 2007

Critters






Well, I've already written about the snake, but I thought it was time to include pictures of the animals we choose to have around. First there's Lucky the toad. He's fairly low maintenance and very interesting to watch when he detects an insect nearby. It's also entertaining to watch him when he's caught something larger than his mouth. He's been fed cockroaches, crickets, grasshoppers, a moth, and maybe a katydid.

Fluffy is our outdoor cat. She's inside in the picture because we have an unwanted animal in the house- a mouse. Unfortunately, she has not discovered its whereabouts and is only interested in exploring the house or lying on our bed. She's a kitten so she has a lot of energy and will leap backwards in the air to try and grab her fur toy. She eats cat food. :)

The other animal we had in the house the other night was a tree frog. It hitched a ride in on the ladder and I startled Tartan when I shouted at him to stop; I noticed it just before he reached the rung the frog was sitting on. I had no choice but to scoop it up in my hands and then have Tartan open the door for me to let it loose. Ick; I thoroughly washed my hands and then used hand sanitiser as well.

On a completely different note: Abigail has her first loose tooth! She's a little bit anxious about it, but we all try to reassure her that it 'll be ok. It's really very loose, so it might be out in time for her Halloween birthday. She didn't like the jokes about resembling a jack-o-lantern though.

No dishwasher.

Trusting in the Lord,
Naomi for the Colliers

No comments: