Sunday 29 April 2012

Finally- an update

There is a stump way in the back of our yard near the pond where I go and sit almost every day; sometimes twice in a day. It's where I go to think about Aimee and grieve. I hate that she's gone. There is healing in my heart, but I miss her so much. The children all seem to be doing well. They miss her, too, but they seem very resilient. Willing to give it to God and move on. I seem to have to hand it to God over and over again. There are so many reminders and then I also think of the things I'll never do with her or see her do. I think Tartan's experience is similar, but from a daddy perspective. 
 
I know this sounds very melancholy- but it doesn't take up most of my day anymore. We've settled into new routines and there are many things that keep me busy and happy most of the time. It's easy to think I'm perfectly fine, but I'm not fully there yet and I don't know when I will be. There are still a few things I don't do and a few that I don't do well. I'm starting to believe that I will be able to do them eventually though, whereas before I thought it would be impossible. I don't know if I'll ever be able to say I've accepted what happened, but hopefully that I can live with it until I get Home. I find that there is happiness and joy in our lives again. Amazing how God can do that. 
 
If you've been praying for us, please know God has heard those prayers and he's answering them, but there's no rushing Him. If you continue to pray, pray for comfort and reassurance. For me, pray that I can continue to trust God.
 
We have not spoken to Elizabeth's family in a while so I have to guess at how best to pray for her. Please pray for assurance of God's love and presence in her life. Pray for healing and comfort in her heart.


Trusting even when it's hard,
Naomi for the Colliers

5 comments:

Tammy Moore said...

Naomi, thank you so much for the update. I know it's hard and can only imagine how difficult it is to find the right words. But it is so comforting to those of us praying to hear how you're doing. I'm so glad to hear there is happiness and joy. I thank God for that. And I thank Him for the ways He's worked through you all to prove Him faithful and worthy to be praised. He knew you would. Love you all and will continue to pray. ~tammy

Anonymous said...

Dear Collier Family,
You remain in my heart, thoughts and prayers today and everyday and it is reassuring to read that God is answering prayer. Bless you for your Job-like courage and faith. Elizabeth has bad moments but prayer is helping her and her family.
Laus Deo,
Sherry

Naomi Collier said...

Dear Sherry,

Thank you for letting us know about Elizabeth and her family. She continues to be in our prayers as well.

Naomi Collier said...

Thank you, Tammy, for your words and continued prayers.

Rebecca Miller said...

It has been awhile since I have visited your blog, but we have continued to pray for your family. I am glad that you are giving yourself the opportunity to remember Aimee and grieve each day. Even Jesus grieved. I am encouraged to hear that the children are doing so well. God is so gracious in healing their hearts. He will continue to heal your heart too. Please know that we are continuing in our prayers for comfort, peace, and healing for your family. We will also remember Elizabeth in our prayers as she is carrying such a big burden.

John 16:22
22 Therefore you too have grief now; but I will see you again, and your heart will rejoice, and no one will take your joy away from you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VtZjZOpIgU

Continue to seek Him first in all things.

God Bless you and your family,
Rebecca Miller