Monday 6 October 2008

Well, we've had power now for a little over a week and last Thursday we got word that we didn't have to boil our water anymore to be sure it was safe to drink. Our extended deck with pergola is now complete (except for 2 of the fans that Tartan is going to put in himself) and we're very pleased with it.


It's really pretty at night, but I haven't tried to take a picture of that yet.

Life is pretty much back on schedule now. We're still waiting for AT&T to finish installing TV and internet. There were some issues with signal degradation and we're not sure whether they've been able to fully address that or not. Hopefully we'll find out soon and the answer will be "yes".

Sometime in the near future I'm going to have to take my Sequoia into the shop for what will hopefully be only cosmetic work. I was taking the kids to AWANA two Sundays ago and a teenager who wasn't paying as much attention as he should have changed lanes not realising I was already there. No one hurt, his car had been stopped before he started to change lanes, and I was traveling fairly slowly. We're thankful that he did the right thing and described the incident truthfully to his insurance company.

We are looking forward to seeing some more friends from Scotland! I hope they have as an enjoyable time as the Richardsons so even more of our friends will come to visit.

According to the little ticker attached to all my outgoing e-mail, I now have 100 days to go before baby girl 6's due date. That's how long we have to figure out a name. I hope it's long enough. :)

Trusting in Jesus,
Naomi for the Colliers

No comments: