Wednesday 4 June 2008

Got a heartbeat!

We have already told a few people, but now we want to make our big announcement. I'm eight weeks pregnant! I saw an ob today and the ultrasound showed one baby and a nice fast heartbeat. The baby's size is right on target for the number of weeks. This was the same ob who saw me during the miscarriage, so he was really pleased to be able to give me such good news this time.

I'm feeling green and a bit tired, but really excited. And, Tartan is too- well, excited not green or tired. I also got a prescription for some anti-nausea medication so I'm optimistic. The worst part of pregnancy for me is the nausea- not the increasing size or the tiredness or even delivery.

Now we're going to be thinking and praying about whether to continue with the ob, go with a birth center, or stick with home birth like we've done with the other five children.

Trusting in the Lord,
Naomi

3 comments:

Patrick said...

Congratulations, Naomi! That's such wonderful news!

vkacademy said...

Congratulations! Tim and I send you lots of love and good wishes!

Gateway School and Learning Center said...

What beautiful news, so happy for you. Praying that all continues to go well. Sounds like your big kids are a big help.