Friday 11 January 2008

A new talent.

We have a prodigy in the family. An artist who - before now - never seriously painted. She has an eye for detail, fine motor skills and patience. Surely all the marks of a great artist. Who is this mysterious master painter?
Kyrie. Really! She wanted to try her hand at painting yesterday, so I decided to let her try painting a few of my Warhammer and D&D miniatures. And she did better than I ever could. When I saw her paint that well, I gave her an unpainted miniature. It took her two hours to paint it to masterwork quality. All it needs now is a bit of touch-up (perhaps later this afternoon) and maybe we can post pictures of it.
One might think that I might be envious of my little sister, but I'm actually very important in the painting. I supply the miniatures, the paints and paintbrushes, and my experience in painting. Kyrie's got the talent, I've got the know-how.
Kyrie says she really enjoys painting, so I've pulled out every miniature I've got. I seriously think I saw a gleam in her eye when I showed her the minis. I think my long-waiting Gondorian army won't lack paint much longer...

Trusting in the Lord (to bless our lives),
Alex for the Colliers.

No comments: