Wednesday 3 October 2007

It's October!

How did that happen? At the end of the month, Abigail will be six! She is planning on having a Spongebob themed party. I'm going to have to start thinking about when that's going to happen.

It has somehow come to pass that nearly all our extracurricular activities are on Monday and Tuesdays. On Monday, Kyrie has band and will be having ballet as well, Abigail has ballet, and Alex has boy scouts in the evening. It's not very difficult; there's a place for the rest of us to work on school work during band and Kyrie and Abigail will be doing ballet at roughly the same time. Tartan takes Alex to scouts and even if occasionally I'll have to do that, it's very close to the house.

Tuesday is the interesting day. After lunch, we pack up and head to the YMCA for PE class. The first half hour is fellowship time and they can run\walk laps to earn little, plastic foot-shaped charms and get ready for the presidential fitness exam in the spring. After the hour of PE (not including the fellowship time), we head toward home, dropping Kyrie off on the way for her 2nd hour of ballet. At home, the boys have enough time to freshen up and change clothes before I drop them off for piano lessons a little early so I have time to get back and pick up Kyrie. Yesterday I dropped the boys off a little earlier than I expected and I got back to the ballet school earlier, but that was good because Abigail and Kayleigh got 15 minutes to stretch their legs in the waiting area after being in the car since 2:40. The final bit of the day was to pick up the boys at 5.

We were well organized yesterday so it went pretty smoothly. Even Alex, who is the one who gets stressed with all this going hither and thither, didn't feel like it was a constant rush and he didn't have enough time. I think I'm going to make a list to post by the door of everything we need to remember to have with us in the hopes that that will help things to continue to go smoothly on Tuesdays. Yes, you can pray for us. :)

Trusting in the Lord (and constantly reminding myself of this),
Naomi for the Colliers

2 comments:

Gateway School and Learning Center said...

Hi Colliers!
Ready to trade the Houston heat for some Alaska brisk air? We got our first dusting of snow on Sunday. Our kids were in their jammies and boots playing before church.
Cheers!
Lisa and Co.

Gateway School and Learning Center said...

Hey Naomi,
Would you email me? I'd like to send you a picture I ran across in our archives last week.
Lisa
larks@gci.net