Saturday 27 October 2007

Death of a Snake

Several weeks ago we discovered that a snake found the underside of our paddleboat a nice place to hang out, but Tartan had not been able to get enough of a visual of it before it would slither into the water. A couple of nights ago when the temperature was rather cool, he went out to empty water from the boat and discovered it curled up under there and it appeared to be a young cottonmouth. Poisonous- not something we want anywhere near the children, or the cat. Wednesday night I bungled the search and destroy mission we went on, so Thursday before it got dark (and just before we were going to have a bunch of cub scouts over for a meeting), Tartan went out on his own.

I glanced out the window a few times as I was serving dinner and I suddenly noted a lot of movement and splashing going on so I hurried out to see if he needed assistance. I was told to bring the camera. I took several pictures, a few of which turned out. I thought about posting a pic, but thought some people might feel squeamish. :) The snake was then killed and disposed of. I hope it was a poisonous snake, but when in doubt, we just had to play it safe.

Trusting in the Lord,
Naomi for the Colliers

No comments: