Tuesday 22 May 2007

I'm going to go through some painful Internet withdrawal this week. Yes, the movers are all over the house, packing up, and later today the computers shall fall victim to the packing. As almost all my schoolwork is packed up, I am spending most of my time at the Banchory Library.
We shall miss Scotland a lot. It has wonderful, sweeping scenic vistas. It has all the friends we've made in the three years we've been here. It has Doctor Who and the Banchory Library, though I think only I shall sorely miss the last one.
Dad says he's found just the house, in the Estates of Legends Ranch, with spacious backyard and lake. I think it's a wonderful house, but I'm going to miss being able to walk to places. You have to drive everywhere in Houston. However, I may instead work on long-distance biking to the Library and friend's houses.
Our last days here are being very chaotic, and I am feeling nervous about the move itself. I get a strange hollow feeling in my stomach whenever I think of going to the Aberdeen airport and getting on the plane, seeing Scotland for the last time...

Not all those who wander are lost...

Trusting in the Lord,
Alex for the Colliers.

No comments: